This policy describes the personal information that Gardena Honda (the “Dealership”) collects, maintains, uses, and discloses about its California consumers when you visit or interact with our website or when you interact, communicate or transact any business with the Dealership.
The Dealership collects the following categories of personal information about you based on your specific transactions and interactions with the Dealership or its website. For each category of information, the business purposes for which we use the information and the third parties with whom we have shared the information in the last 12 months are referenced by a number that coincides with the number in the lists that follow below in this policy.
|Category||Scenarios in which info is collected||Examples||Business Purpose||Sources||Shared in Last 12 Months With|
|Personal Identifiers||When you submit a request for credit information or credit score online or in store||Name, alias, address, email address, social security number||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11||From you the consumer||A, B, E, F, G, H|
|Protected Classifications||When you submit a request for information related to gender, or indicate English is not your preferred language||Gender, ethnicity, language||1, 3, 4, 11, 12||From you the consumer||A, B, E|
|Commercial Data||Any purchase or request for credit approval||Records of products or services provided, purchasing history||1, 3||From you the consumer||A, B, D, E, G, H|
|Biometric Data||When you call a store, we may record the conversation for training or quality assurance purposes||Voice recordings||11||From you the consumer||Not shared|
|Internet Activity||Whenever you navigate, access or use any of our websites via computer or mobile device||IP Address, browsing history, search history, type of browser used, cookies, device used to access the site, domain name from which our site was accessed||12, 13||G|
|Geolocation Data||When you create an account on our website||IP address||11, 12, 13||Not Shared|
|Mobile Device Data||Whenever you navigate, access or use any of our websites via computer or mobile device||Device type, software type||12, 13||G|
|Financial / Employment Data||When you complete a credit application||Company name, role, salary, dates of employment, bank accounts, income sources||1||From you the consumer||B|
The Dealership uses your personal information and shares it with various service providers and third parties for the following business purposes:
|1||To process and submit financing applications, including to apply for credit, lease or credit pre-qualification|
|2||For security and insurance purposes, a copy of the driver’s license is obtained to permit a customer to test drive a vehicle|
|3||To process, complete, and maintain records on transactions including vehicle purchase, service, products, parts or accessories|
|4||To provide complete warranty coverage on vehicles, products, parts, service, and accessories|
|5||We retain your selection for Text opt in/opt out to ensure customers who opted out are not sent any text messages|
|6||To provide and communicate recall notifications to customers|
|7||To reserve a vehicle that a customer expressed interest in and requested that it be reserved|
|8||To schedule, manage and keep track of customer appointments|
|9||To complete a vehicle appraisal|
|10||To maintain records of when customers decline a service or sale|
|11||To respond to consumer inquiries, including vehicle interest, request for information, Customer Support online, phone calls, and in-store inquiries|
|12||To provide interest-based advertising and improve user experience on our website|
|13||To understand the demographics of our website visitors|
The Dealership shares your personal information with the following categories of service providers or third-party businesses depending on your transactions or interactions with the Dealership:
- Vehicle OEMs
- Financial Institutions
- Lead providers
- Product manufacturers/administrators
- Government agencies
- Promotional or other fulfilment vendors
- Marketing support vendors
- Transaction support vendors (e.g., check guaranty, rental car, payment processors)
The Dealership does NOT sell your personal information, including the data of any minors, except as follows. If you were referred to the Dealership by a third-party website and we happen to have a contract for that third-party to provide us with leads and referrals, our contract with that party may require us to then report to them whether you ended up conducting business with the Dealership and the type of transaction. Other than this sole exception, we do not and will not disclose your personal information to any third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out
While Gardena does not sell your personal information – including the data of any minors – the Dealership may disclose your personal information to a third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. That disclosure may happen if you were referred to the Dealership by a third-party website and we happen to have a contract for that third-party to provide us with leads and referrals, our contract with that party may require us to then report to them whether you ended up conducting business with the Dealership and the type of transaction. This is the only circumstance where your personal information may be disclosed in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. You have the right to tell the Dealership NOT to disclose your personal information. You have full and free right to opt-out of the Dealership’s disclosure of your information to any third parties. You may exercise your right to opt-out without fear of discrimination for doing so. To opt-out of the Dealership’s disclosure of your information, meaning, the Dealership will not disclose your information to third parties for any monetary or other valuable consideration, you can do any of the following:
- Click HERE to be taken to an online opt-out submission form.
- Visit the Dealership’s website at: www.gardenahonda.com. Click on “Do Not Sell My Information” to be taken to an online submission form.
- Visit any Dealership location to request a paper opt-out submission form.
If you are unable to submit an opt-out through any of the above methods, please call the Dealership’s toll-free privacy line at 844-634-9378 for assistance and a Dealership representative will assist in meeting your needs.
You can have an Authorized Agent submit a request on your behalf if you both come into a California store and provide proof of identity with a driver’s license or passport and provide your consent via mail in form for the Authorized Agent to complete your verifiable consumer request.
To submit an opt-out through use of an authorized agent you must provide that agent with written permission to submit an opt-out on your behalf. The Dealership maintains the right to deny any request from an authorized agent that does not submit sufficient proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
In order to verify your identity and respond to your request, the Dealership will need you to provide your name, address, email, phone number, last 4 of your SSN and your date of birth. In addition, our third-party identity verification provider may require your authorization to access your credit report.
Your Rights as a California Consumer:
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions; and
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf.
- The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
You can submit a verifiable consumer request to know or request for deletion of your personal information by any of the three options below:
- Submit an online request on our website at https://autodealerdsar.exterro.net/portal/dsar.htm?target=Gardena_Honda.
- Call our privacy toll-free line at 844-634-9378.
- Visit a California store to complete a paper form, which can be requested at the reception/front desk
How We Will Verify That It Is Really You Submitting the Request:
The Dealership uses a third-party identity verification provider to verify your identity.
Notice of Financial Incentive:
- A succinct summary of the financial incentive or price or service difference offered;
- A description of the material terms of the financial incentive or price of service difference, including the categories of personal information that are implicated by the financial incentive or price or service difference;
- How the consumer can opt-in to the financial incentive or price or service difference;
- Notification of the consumer’s right to withdraw from the financial incentive at any time and how the consumer may exercise that right; and
- An explanation of why the financial incentive or price or service difference is permitted under the CCPA, including:
- A good-faith estimate of the value of the consumer’s data that forms the basis for offering the financial incentive or price or service difference; and
- A description of the method the business used to calculate the value of the consumer’s data.
If You Have an Authorized Agent:
You can have an Authorized Agent submit a request on your behalf if you both come into a California store and provide proof of identity with a driver’s license or passport and provide your consent via mail-in form for the Authorized Agent to complete your verifiable consumer request.
Consumers with Disabilities
This policy is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities. For more information on our website accessibility.
Questions About the Policy